The Essential Skills Of Preparing For A Music Performance
Ever Wonder How To Prepare For A Recital, How To Control Your Nerves?
Getting nervous and frighten prior to a public performance is quite normal. Performance anxiety is experienced by performers of all levels regardless of your ability to play your instrument or how well you know your piece.
While anxiety can be extremely difficult to control, the goal is not to completely over come it and achieve relaxation but rather to gain enough mental and physical control to be able to play your instrument and enjoy your performance.
It can be described as a perceived or real fear of a threatening or stressful situation leading to the impairment of performance.
This can have a significant impact upon the performance of an instrumentalist. In coping with performance anxiety the goal one should pursue is not necessarily of complete relaxation, but to maintain sufficient mental and physical control in order to enjoy playing the music.
Steps to Limit Performance Anxiety
• Don’t leave anything to chance or until the last minute
• Arrive early and as prepared as possible
• Allocate enough time to warm up properly
• Do a few deep breathing exercises to aid relaxation
• Remember other times you have performed
When it comes to performance anxiety preparation is the answer. The quality of your preparation is ultimately the key to your success. Take time at home to practice how to enter the stage, preparing yourself mentally to start your performance, playing the piece and even your bow and exiting the stage. Doing so will help you be comfortable and ready for your performance.
Becoming a Better Musician
- How to maximize your practice Get the most out of your practice time.
- How to tune you guitar Learn how to properly tune your guitar.
- The importance of practice Why is practice so important in becoming a musician.
- Preparing for a performance Tips for how to prepare for a performance.
- Developing talent & proficiency What does it take to become your best?
- The benefits of music education Learn the many benefits of a music education.
- Professor Navarro's Latest CD Professor Navarro realeases his latest cd entitled “Caminando” Vol. 1.
- Honored by Los Angeles Music Awards Composer of Soundtrack from “City of Dreams” Honored by Los Angeles Music Awards
Start Learning Today
We seek to conserve our musical legacy, to serve our community, and create a vibrant future for our students through an intense and dedicated musical education.