Piano Lessons, Guitar Lessons, Violin Lessons, Voice Lesson, Bass Lessons and Music Technology in Port St. Lucie
Lessons take place in our private music studio conveniently located in Port Saint Lucie, FL near exits on both I95 and the Florida Turnpike. We also offer lessons at your home, school or church. Check our rates page for more details.
The studio is fully equipped with an acoustic upright piano, a professional 88-key keyboard with weighted keys, guitar, percussion, MIDI and professional recording equipment for listening to and transcribing music as well as for play-alongs. The studio has daylight, fresh air, AC, and heating.
Beginning students learn to make music from the first lesson. As students become more comfortable with articulating their fingers on the keyboard, they are introduced to note reading and musical notation.
• Hand position and fingering
• Music notation
• Phrasing and interpretation
• Sight reading
• Harmony and musical forms
• Playing by ear
The following policies and procedures provide the operating principles for the Saint Lucie Music School:
1) Lesson payment is paid a month in advance, and is nonrefundable. If a payment is more than 10 days late, there is a late charge of $25.
2) At least 24 hours notice must be given if the student cancels or the lesson will be forfeited. If sufficient notice is given a make-up lesson will be scheduled. There is no transfer of any portion of tuition from one month to another. If the teacher cancels a lesson, credit will be given or a make-up lesson will be scheduled. Extra time will not be allotted to late arrivals.
3) Participation in student recitals is strongly encouraged but not required.
4) Students must have a piano at home or daily access to one for practicing. A digital 88-note keyboard that is touch-sensitive and has weighted keys may be used as a substitute until a real piano can be purchased.
5) Music books and materials will not be provided and are the responsibility of the student.
6) Younger children must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.